I’m still mentally exhausted! Hooray! So you are in for another rambling, barely coherent one, I fear, as I have too little focus left to do even a quiz. Good thing I’m on Sunday to Thursday and it is the end of my working week. I’ll be able to spend some quality time writing tomorrow!
I was noticing little errors creeping into my work all afternoon. The kind of things that don’t cause a major kerfuffle, but just mean things take longer as you are fixing them while you go. After work I spent half an hour doing grocery shopping that would normally take me ten minutes, and then when I got home I decided I lacked the focus to cook after all and ordered pizza. Hooray for Earth!
Besides paying someone else to cook for me, here are a few of my favourite methods for dealing with mental exhaustion:
- Sugary things. Oh lordy I want sugary things right now.
- Tea. I should make a pot. I’m not going anywhere tomorrow, so why not?
- Watching funny things.
- Interacting with others exclusively via the internet because that way they aren't in my space.
- Calming music.
- Undergoing hypnosis that will allow me to stay ignorant of the Trump tilt at the presidency. Seriously, that guy worries me a lot.
- More sugary things.
- ARGH WHY DID I HAVE TO GIVE UP SUGARY THINGS FOR AUGUST?
See you tomorrow. I hope to do better.